CyberCorps(R): Scholarship for Service (SFS) program
Davenport University received a five-year, $4 million grant to educate and train the next generation of cybersecurity experts.
The CyberCorps(R): Scholarship for Service (SFS) program provides Davenport University junior and 高级 students full-tuition scholarships, living stipends and additional monies for professional development and other education-related fees. Participating students will work in a cybersecurity role at a federal, state or 当地的 government organization following graduation.
Davenport University is recognized as a National Center for Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CD) by the National Security Agency and the Department of 首页land Security.
- Academic-year stipends of $25,000 per year for undergraduate students and $34,000 per year for graduate students
- 学费 and education-related fees (does not include items such as meal plans, housing, or parking)
- Professional allowance of $4,000 for SFS Job Fair and other travel, professional certification, etc.
- Participation in virtual and in-person job fairs in Washington, D.C.
- Post-graduation government service requirement for a period equivalent to the length of scholarship
To see a recording of our latest information session and learn more about the grant, 请点击这里
Students participating in the SFS program at Davenport University must meet the following requirements:
- Attending school on a full-time basis while receiving a scholarship under the SFS program
- 初级, 高级, graduate student in appropriate Cybersecurity program (or 2nd year in approved AAS program at GRCC)
- A United States citizen or Permanent Resident*
- Eligible for federal employment
- Able to obtain a security clearance
- Sign a written agreement obligating you to work for Federal, State, Local or Tribal Government
- Maintain good academic standing: 3.4分之2.0 GPA (undergraduates); 3.4分之5.0 GPA(毕业生)
- Complete the degree program successfully and on time
- Complete a summer internship with a participating government agency
- Fulfill a commitment of working for a government agency following graduation (1 year SFS = 1 year commitment)
If a student fails to complete the period of scholarship or post-academic period of employment, that student must repay a prorated amount equivalent to the length of the period not served. 例如, if a student receives funds for two years and serves for one-and-a-half years, he must repay 25% of the funds received.
*Security clearances, and many federal agencies, require U.S. 公民身份. It is the recipient's responsibility to attain such a position in state, 当地的, tribal or territorial governments given these limitations.
SFS eligible College of 技术 programs:
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 1921840. 任何意见, 发现, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.